In this installation and workshop series Anja Groten from Hackers & Designers opens up her practice-based research with a special attention to the ‘workshop’ as a format for self-organized learning and publishing.
- Wednesday 1 June, 13.00-18.00 — ‘Workshop Chatter’ with Chattypub (Walk-in, no RSVP required)
Check out the installation by Hackers & Designers at Page Not Found and stop by for cookies, coffee, tea and a chat about workshops! Share your workshop anecdotes, unexpected insights, mundane observations, awkward interaction, and get introduced to Chattypub – a chat application, a design and publishing tool, a workshop, a collective practice.
- Thursday 2 June, 10:00-13:00 — ‘Workshop / Werkstatt / Werkplaats: Workshop site and situation’ (On-site workshop, RSVP required)
An on-site workshop in collaboration with Fabulous Future (Naomi Credé) and fanfare.
What is physical publishing? How do we imagine a workshop space? How can a display activate space? With the installation at Page Not Found, you are invited to collectively imagine and construct the modular system as a workshop space.
- Friday 3 June, 10:00-12:00 — ‘Forkshop’ (hybrid workshop on- and offline, RSVP required)
The unspecificity of the workshop format makes it difficult to describe and critique. This ‘Forkshop’ is an invitation to regard the workshop itself as a medium, something that can be externalized, iterated, opened up to others.
This workshop starts at 10:00 for those joining in person and at 10:30 for those joining online. Please specify whether you join in person or online when you RSVP.
- Friday 3 June, 19:00-20.30 — ‘Workshop scripts’, talk by Anja Groten (no RSVP required)
This talk by Anja Groten from Hackers & Designers addresses collective documentation and publishing practices, putting forth the question how to anticipate and capture workshops.
- Saturday 4 June, 14:00-18:00 — ‘Workshop scripts’ (On-site workshop, RSVP required)
This on-site workshop will pay attention to narrative and the discursive potentials of pedagogical documents such as workshop scripts, instruction and install manuals, readme’s, scores, how-tos, gameplay, exercises, and prompts.
To participate, please RSVP via email to email@example.com by 31 May, with subject ‘H&D RSVP’, your name, and mention of the activities of your choice. You will receive a confirmation and more detailed information by June 1st. All workshops are free of charge.