The Hague Contemporary collects the best contemporary art that galleries, museums and experimental art spaces of The Hague have to offer. It communicates this selection – which varies from exhibitions, lectures to exciting events – both online and on paper. Its goal is to inform and encourage a large and diverse audience to experience The Hague’s contemporary art scene and stimulate collaboration and dialogue between its many cultural partners. We work together with various institutions and galleries, including the Kunstmuseum, Museum Beelden aan Zee, Nest, Page Not Found, Dürst Britt & Mayhew, 1646 and Parts Project.
To support the activities of the communications officer, The Hague Contemporary is looking for a Communications Intern for 16 hours a week. As an intern, you will work on the realization of (press) attention, the implementation of new communication strategies, writing English copy for our online and offline communication and managing our social media channels. You will have contact with designers, partners and get to know the art world of The Hague like the back of your hand. You will be working within a young and dynamic organization that is still developing and where your input is appreciated and used.
You will work part-time in a small team and your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and further developing our social media.
- Maintaining and further developing our website.
- Writing content for our communications.
- Researching opportunities for expansion of communications.
- Creating new communication strategies and insights based on analytics.
- Maintaining the art agenda in consultation with our partners.
- Point of contact for the partners by distributing the printed quarterly Art Guide
- Co-organizing The Hague Contemporary Art Weekend (July 8-11).
We are looking for an ambitious intern who meets the following profile:
- HBO/WO student in studying communications or similar study, or in the direction of art and culture with a strong interest in communication.
- Affinity with the arts and culture sector.
- Good social skills.
- Enjoys writing copy for social media
- Stress resistant and knows how to tackle problems.
- Organized and practical.
- Excellent command of the English language and preferably Dutch as well.
- Availability for 3-6 months.
The Hague Contemporary consists of a small team, which means that interns have a lot of input and have plenty of opportunities to learn, implement new ideas and come into contact with different sides of the profession. In addition, you will have the opportunity to expand your network within the art world. You will be supervised by our communications officer through weekly meetings and work towards reaching your personal internship goals.
Do you have a specific study assignment? We would like to look at the possibilities together.
Are you the intern we are looking for? Then we welcome your application letter with CV (as PDF) via email@example.com